The countdown to College Football begins now with 100 days until kickoff on August 29th. ESPN put together a list earlier today, 100 numbers for 100 days countdown. We pulled some key stats for you to coincide with our list of the Top 10 most expensive NCAA Football teams in 2013.
College Football tickets prices for the upcoming season:
- Average ticket price: $124, 28% less than the average NFL ticket
- Average ticket price of Top 10: $263, 34% more than the average NFL ticket
- Most expensive home team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish ($455)
Top 10 Most Expensive NCAA Football Teams in 2013
|NCAA Football Tickets||Avg. Price|
|Notre Dame Fighting Irish Football||$454.67|
|Louisiana State Tigers Football||$299.18|
|Michigan Wolverines Football||$272.36|
|Alabama Crimson Tide Football||$271.95|
|Ohio State Buckeyes Football||$260.61|
|Iowa Hawkeyes Football||$237.38|
|Georgia Bulldogs Football||$223.42|
|Texas A&M Aggies Football||$215.30|
|Nebraska Cornhuskers Football||$200.01|
|South Carolina Gamecocks Football||$197.97|
Notre Dame Football 2013
10. (Notre Dame plays for tie): Perhaps the most famous tie in college football history occurred on Nov. 19, 1966, when unbeaten and top-ranked Notre Dame met unbeaten and second-ranked Michigan State. With the score tied 10-10, Notre Dame elected to run out the clock, settling for the tie to preserve its national championship.
Michigan State at Notre Dame tickets averaging $391, the fourth cheapest game on Notre Dame’s schedule.
43. (The roll is over): Consecutive games that Notre Dame beat Navy from 1964-2006. The Midshipmen finally broke through with a win in South Bend in 2007. The teams have split the past six meetings and meet this season on Nov. 2 at Notre Dame.
Navy at Notre Dame tickets averaging $315, the third cheapest game on the Fighting Irish schedule.
47. (Oklahoma’s win streak): Oklahoma’s NCAA-record 47-game win streak spanned 1953-57, including back-to-back national titles in 1955-56. The streak ended with a 7-0 loss to Notre Dame on Nov. 16, 1957. Those two programs will meet this season on Sept. 28 in South Bend.
Oklahoma at Notre Dame tickets averaging $596, the third most expensive game in South Bend.
LSU Football 2013
89. (Scary punt return): On Halloween night in 1959, with top-ranked LSU trailing third-ranked Ole Miss 3-0, LSU’s Billy Cannon returned a punt 89 yards to give the Tigers a 7-3 win. It was perhaps the most famous punt return in NCAA history. Cannon would go on to win the Heisman Trophy that season.
LSU at Ole Miss tickets averaging $152, the second most expensive game at Vaught Hemingway Stadium this season.
Michigan Football 2013
87. (In the beginning): The first ever game between Michigan and Notre Dame was Nov. 23, 1887 (Michigan won 8-0 in South Bend). The two schools are not scheduled to play each other in the foreseeable future after the 2014-15 season.
Notre Dame at Michigan tickets averaging $520, the most expensive game on the Michigan Wolverine schedule this year.
Alabama Football 2013
3. (Alabama three-peat): No team has won three consecutive national titles in the AP era, but Alabama enters the season as the favorite once again.
BCS National Championship game tickets at the Rose Bowl start at $996.
92. (SEC changes college football landscape): In 1992, the SEC became the first conference to showcase a championship game. The first game was Dec. 5, 1992, when Alabama used a late Antonio Langham interception return to seal a 28-21 win over Florida and go on to win the national championship a few weeks later.
SEC Football Championship tickets at the Georgia Dome ranging from $359 – $1494.
Ohio State Football 2013
12. (Ohio State win streak): No team in the country has a longer active win streak than Ohio State. The Buckeyes were a perfect 12-0 last season and bring that streak into this season, with a school record of 22 straight still a long way away.
In 2012, it was the Wisconsin Badgers who almost broke that winning streak. Ohio State pulled out a 21-14 win in OT. The Badgers-Buckeyes game at Ohio Stadium is the most expensive on the Buckeyes 2013 schedule, averaging $367.
Image Credit: Gerald Herbert (AP)