The wait for college football is almost over. Here is a look at the most recent Top 25 USA Today Coaches Poll and ticket price comparisons for the top 25 teams. We take a look at ticket prices in early August last year, last week, and this week to note the biggest changes in college football tickets. 2011′s average ticket price at this time was $150.26. Currently in 2012, college football tickets are on average $10 cheaper than last year’s tickets.
Last week’s average ticket price was $141.84. The price dropped only slightly this week averaging $140.12. Overall, it appears that being “officially ranked” in the Top 25 has not materialized in higher ticket prices, mostly due to college football analysts already having predicted that these teams would show up in the first poll. Across the board, however, the top 25 teams ticket prices currently average $150 and their ticket prices are down nearly 7% from last year.
Looking for a college football tickets deal? The Virginia Tech Hokies tickets are down nearly 7% from last week, which makes it an ideal time to buy before the college football season gets underway. The South Carolina Gamecocks ticket prices also lowered close to 6% from last week. Clemson Tigers tickets are the only noteworthy gain in price from last week to this week with a 4% boost in ticket prices.
Here is a preview of the top 5 teams in the most recent USA Today Coaches Poll.
- The LSU Tigers sit atop the poll and are expected to be even more dominant in 2012 with the return of 13 starters, eight on offense.
- The Alabama Crimson Tide are the defending national champions and kick off the season playing the Michigan Wolverines. Bama’s roster is filled with explosive young talent, but lacks big-game experience.
- The USC Trojans are once again bowl eligible and this makes for an exciting season at the Coliseum. USC is projected to be a powerhouse in the Pac 12 and a BCS Championship contender this season. All eyes will be on Heisman hopeful Matt Barkley and Penn State transfer Silas Redd.
- The Oklahoma Sooners will ride the strong arm of senior QB Landry Jones (third in passing yards in 2011). In addition to Jones, the Sooners will lean on WR Kenny Stills and 2011 walk-on RB Dominique Whaley, in order to stay on top in the Big 12 and be in the BCS hunt.
- The Oregon Ducks needs to maintain its high-octane offense. The Ducks lost RB LaMichael James and QB Darren Thomas to the NFL but expect Bryan Bennett, Kenyon Barner and DeAnthony Thomas to fill the holes and not miss a beat.
- Alabama tickets are 72% more expensive now than they were last August, because the Tide can boast being national champions and play blockbuster games in the SEC.
- The West Virginia Mountaineers spread offense looks strong, and so are WVU ticket prices – up 40% due to the team joining the Big 12 this season.
- The Georgia Bulldogs might be one of the best SEC teams, but questionable special teams and O-Line, combined with player suspensions and dismissals, have Dawgs ticket prices slumping by 42%.
- No more Andrew Luck in Palo Alto means Stanford ticket prices are down 39%.
- LaMichael James has joined Luck in the NFL and Oregon ticket prices are down 38%, despite coaches voting the Ducks at #5.
|Rank||Top 25 Teams||Last Week||This Week||WoW ∆||Last Year||YoY ∆|
|1||LSU Tigers Football||$157.69||$154.61||-1.96%||$190.77||-18.95%|
|2||Alabama Crimson Tide Football||$297.82||$291.40||-2.15%||$169.16||72.26%|
|3||USC Trojans Football||$129.00||$128.08||-0.72%||$140.87||-9.07%|
|4||Oklahoma Sooners Football||$188.47||$188.63||0.08%||$151.42||24.57%|
|5||Oregon Ducks Football||$111.50||$109.92||-1.42%||$176.57||-37.75%|
|6||Georgia Bulldogs Football||$136.67||$131.05||-4.11%||$225.77||-41.95%|
|7||Florida State Seminoles Football||$84.61||$84.55||-0.08%||$95.20||-11.19%|
|8||Michigan Wolverines Football||$192.97||$185.27||-3.99%||$200.78||-7.73%|
|9||South Carolina Gamecocks Football||$141.50||$132.76||-6.18%||$132.00||0.57%|
|10||Arkansas Razorbacks Football||$116.91||$117.38||0.40%||$113.47||3.44%|
|11||West Virginia Mountaineers Football||$160.80||$163.78||1.85%||$116.85||40.16%|
|12||Wisconsin Badgers Football||$141.45||$145.47||2.84%||$138.99||4.66%|
|13||Michigan State Spartans Football||$104.56||$102.48||-1.99%||$79.17||29.44%|
|14||Clemson Tigers Football||$117.71||$122.85||4.37%||$106.74||15.09%|
|15||Texas Longhorns Football||$150.12||$149.09||-0.69%||$153.89||-3.12%|
|16||Nebraska Cornhuskers Football||$228.53||$223.74||-2.09%||$330.01||-32.20%|
|17||Texas Christian Horned Frogs Football||$97.53||$98.76||1.26%||$80.10||23.29%|
|18||Stanford Cardinal Football||$54.43||$55.62||2.18%||$91.00||-38.88%|
|19||Oklahoma State Cowboys Football||$132.21||$129.62||-1.96%||$131.37||-1.34%|
|20||Virginia Tech Hokies Football||$120.86||$111.96||-7.37%||$124.08||-9.77%|
|21||Kansas State Wildcats Football||$76.64||$78.62||2.57%||$73.44||7.05%|
|22||Boise State Broncos Football||$111.76||$109.02||-2.45%||$111.07||-1.85%|
|23||Florida Gators Football||$124.51||$125.80||1.03%||$162.59||-22.62%|
|24||Notre Dame Fighting Irish Football||$222.11||$218.82||-1.48%||$273.52||-20.00%|
|25||Auburn Tigers Football||$145.84||$143.73||-1.45%||$187.66||-23.41%|
|All Top 25 Teams||$141.85||$140.12||-1.22%||$150.26||-6.75%|