The Los Angeles Kings are now two games up, over the New Jersey Devils in the Stanley Cup Finals, and just two games away from capturing an elusive first ever Stanley Cup title. However, the Kings were not favorites to go all the way through out basically the entirety of the season, in fact midway through the season they were barely over .500 with a 13-12-4 record. Although after the firing of previous head coach Terry Murray, and Darryl Sutter taking the reins, the Kings squeaked their way into the play-offs as the 8 seed, and the rest is, as they say, history!!
The Los Angeles Kings are now the hottest team in the NHL, boasting a 14-2 playoff record, including a 10-0 record on the road throughout the playoffs. The big question remains though, how did the Kings get to this point, and why didn’t anyone see it coming? Maybe it was the off season acquisitions, maybe just some luck on the Kings part, or maybe it was not so much what the kings did, but rather what they did not do, such as choosing to keep captain Dustin Brown even as trade rumors surfaced around the Kings franchise. In any case whatever the secret recipe was, the fact is, the Kings are just two games away from winning the Stanley Cup, and looking like the favorite to win it all. In order to celebrate the Los Angeles Kings success to this point, here is the top 10 moments of the 2011-2012 season!!
10) Jonathan Quick Absolutely Stellar All Season
9) Los Angeles Kings Big Hits of 2011-2012 Play-Offs
8) Western Conference Game 2 Dismantling of the St. Louis Blues
7) The Acquisition of Mike Richards and Jeff Carter
6) Not Trading Dustin Brown
5) Kings Clinch Playoff Berth in Shoot-Out Vs. Phoenix Coyotes
4) Los Angeles Kings Knock Off Regular-Season Champion Vancouver Canucks
3) Kings Come Back From Deficit in Game 5 to Earn a Trip to Stanley Cup Finals
2) Overtime Magic in Stanley Cup Finals
1) Reserved for the Crowning of the Los Angeles Kings